I keep thinking about all the delicious calories I am going to consume and it helps me get through the week. Healthy eating does not have to be boring though! Today, a good friend of mine invited me over for lunch. We had a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with avocado, goat cheese, and spinach. It was delicious! Here are some other ideas for healthy lunch sandwiches:
- Lean roast beef sub with mustard, lettuce, tomato, and cucumber.
- Tuna melt on one slice of whole wheat bread with tomato and shredded cheese.
- Avocado and white bean tortilla wrap.
- Grilled chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun with lettuce, tomato, and pickle.
- Grilled chicken and spinach tortilla wrap.
- Prosciutto, lettuce, and tomato grilled sandwiches on whole wheat bread.
- Hummus pitas stuffed with lettuce and tomato.
- Chicken Caesar salad tortilla wrap with light Caesar dressing.
- Turkey panini with sun dried tomatoes, goat cheese, red onion, and spinach.
Just remember to use a healthy bread, cut out the fattening spreads, and load your sandwich up with healthy vegetables. Do you have a favorite sandwich you would like to share? Please leave your ideas in the comment section!