Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tasty Tuesday!

So the first round of my diet bet is officially over and I hit my 3% weight loss goal. I won a grand total of $20.08. I know it doesn't seem like a lot but as time goes on I have the potential to win a lot more money! I'm excited to start round two and I know it will be the hardest round yet. I need to lose 6.8 pounds by February 10th. This will prove difficult because my 5 year wedding anniversary is coming up very soon and we are dining at The Melting Pot. For those of you who have never heard of The Melting Pot, it is a fondue style restaurant with a romantic, fine dining atmosphere. I am so excited! 


I keep thinking about all the delicious calories I am going to consume and it helps me get through the week. Healthy eating does not have to be boring though! Today, a good friend of mine invited me over for lunch. We had a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with avocado, goat cheese, and spinach. It was delicious! Here are some other ideas for healthy lunch sandwiches:

  • Lean roast beef sub with mustard, lettuce, tomato, and cucumber. 
  • Tuna melt on one slice of whole wheat bread with tomato and shredded cheese. 
  • Avocado and white bean tortilla wrap. 
  • Grilled chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun with lettuce, tomato, and pickle. 
  • Grilled chicken and spinach tortilla wrap. 
  • Prosciutto, lettuce, and tomato grilled sandwiches on whole wheat bread. 
  • Hummus pitas stuffed with lettuce and tomato. 
  • Chicken Caesar salad tortilla wrap with light Caesar dressing.  
  • Turkey panini with sun dried tomatoes, goat cheese, red onion, and spinach. 
Just remember to use a healthy bread, cut out the fattening spreads, and load your sandwich up with healthy vegetables. Do you have a favorite sandwich you would like to share? Please leave your ideas in the comment section! 

No comments:

Post a Comment